Made from Retro Butterick B4790 a reprint of a 1952 pattern. I cannot even remember where I first saw this dress made up, but I loved it instantly, just not on me. I started making this dress in spring, (September 2010), but it was was too long in the bust. I had to unpick a heap of the bias just to shorten the bust at the shoulders and by then I was quite bored, until the Frockruary Challenge 2011. I literally finished it yesterday, washed it in the hopes it would sit better and after wearing it to school this morning (and sticking out like a sore thumb), I knew it needed more adjustments. I added a button to the back fastening to pull the under dress tighter and it helped, but mostly the under dress rides up all the time. Not to mention how large my hips and wide my shoulders look in this dress.
|How to smuggle a baby in a walkaway dress|
|Mullet and thigh cutting gold tights.|