Saturday, February 26, 2011

Frock No. 26

Eeek, 10 minutes left of the day.  I had better bloody well blog about my frock.
Today's frock is refashioned from a 1970's Japanese Kimono.  I had the Kimono for years before I refashioned it.  Now I wear my dress often.  The fabric feels so luxurious.  I basically used the sleeves to make the bodice.  In this instance a halter neck.  I probably could have fit the bust a bit better.  I really have had no good luck or good knowledge, thus fa,r when making halter necks.  Anyhow, the fabric's beauty far surpasses any poor sewing and fitting skills in this frock.
I went to a BBQ at my sister's place today and my uncle Wayne brought over for magazine size boxes of patterns from my Aunty.  Very exciting.  I will have to let you know how exciting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment