Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SSS '11 Days 25, 26 and 27

I have a few moments spare while the potato chippies are cooking to share my last few Self Stitched September outfits.
Day 25, impressively, a few days after purchasing this apple fabric I actually made the intended garment.  Made from Butterick 3865, from the 70's.  The packaging says it's fast and easy and it was.  I was worried about the front zip. but for no good reason.  I accidentally matched the apples on the front seam pretty well.  I love the waist band, it's super comfy.  I am also wearing a tshirt I made.


Day 26, I wore the dress I made for the first day of spring last year.  There is a little bit of an effort is wearing this as it is hefty to iron.  I sometimes think I want to change the skirt of this dress from gathered to swingy. Maybe one day.  It is easier and more exciting to make something new!!  I almost forgot to take a photo.  I only remembered when it was time to bath the kiddies.


Day 27, I am wearing this breezy little camisole I whipped up last night from a early 90's pattern..  The fabric is very soft and the graphics are very 80's.  I am trying to find a good pattern for making a few little tops for Brisbane's hot summer.  This one is ok, I need to have the patience to make my own bias binding for the purpose of finishing tops like this one.  It was nice to get into my jeans after wearing so may skirts, the weathers turned a little cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment