Saturday, September 24, 2011

SSS '11, Day 24 Sundaes on a Saturday

I have had this Michael Miller, Sundae fabric in my possession for a while and have finally made it up into a little halter neck dress.


A friends Mum gave me a pile of her old patterns mostly from the 70's.  All totally wearable and summery and mostly my size.  Made from Style 4859 from 1975.  It was a cinch to make a really quick.  I think I will have to make at least one more for the summer.

 
It is not the most flattering for a curvaceous bosom, but then the 70's were never about ample cleavage, so I'm okay with the way it looks.  Next time I make it, I will add a couple of inches to the hem as I don't like showing my knees much.


4 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabric! It makes a very pretty dress :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats such a cute summery dress! I think it wouldn't look very good if you DID have an ample bosom - probably a bit too showy if there's too much cleavage happening.

    Just love that fabric too. Do you think you'll make the long version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo going to make a long dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw this dress. It is so cute and you have the perfect figure for halters. Wish I could get away with it! Thanks for coming to the link party. Hope you come back and post something else next week!

    ReplyDelete