Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frocktober 17-24

Have to get the frocks out there before the month is over eh....

Day 17.  A handmade dress from years ago.  The workmanship is shabby but the flocked  dots are divine.  Ginger wears a little mandarin collared china doll dress.  Her dress outshines mine today.

Day 17

Day 18.  A vintage patio dress with more fancy ric rac than I have ever seen on a dress.  Perfect for visiting a pony named Milkshake.  Ginger wears a fabulous floral dress from Japan.
Day 18
Day 19.  Another oldie, handmade from the same pattern as Day 17.  It doesn't have much life left in it, but I love it all the same.  Ginger wears a handmade dress from a 60's pattern, passed down from her big sister.
Day 19
Day 20.  What do horses, ballerina and puppies have in common?  All fit for a little princess I say.  A road trip on this day to pick up a puppy that is a gift (boo who).  Ginger and I both wearing handmade dresses from 60's patterns.
Day 20
Day 21.  A day spent bbq-ing and sitting poolside with a cold beer.  Ginger wears a hand made reversible dress with matching shorties.  My dress is a fabulous cotton dress from the 60's.
Day 21
Day 22.  Another handmade reversible dress, now technically a top worn by Ginger.  I am wearing my religious frock, made from 60's pattern.
Day 22
Day 23.  The colours pop in this pic because my photographer Stella is getting creative with the Art settings.  My dress is made from 60's pattern with 60's fabric and topped with some shimmery bead work.  Ginger is wearing an op shopped number that she picked.  Very cute.
Day 23
Day 24.  My dress is a rare op shop find.  A 1950's sun dress in amazing condition.  Ginger wears a handmade Hello Kitty dress.
Day 24

I had every intention of bombarding you with most of the days left, but I am tired and weary and have had a bad day at the machine.  Twisted dress, a mountain of unpicking, tears, frustration and to top it off I managed to sew the zipper foot to the dress.  DOH!!!  I need sleep.






1 comment: