Friday, September 10, 2010

Kimono Dreaming......

mummy and her pin up babes.
I had this fabulous Kimono, op shopped for maybe $4 years ago, and finally transformed it into something I can wear and show off.  Basically the sleeves of the kimono I used as the halter part of the dress and the robe part is the body.  The straightness of the dress doesn't allow my big rushing mummy strides, more like iddy bitty Keisha strides, but that's kinda nice and in keeping with the original use of the dress.  I need to fix the bodice so it does not gape, until then I will wear a bikini top under to keep the girls in their rightful place.  Any tips on how to fix the top would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. ginger looks in awe of you!! ♥ like she is learning how to be a siren.
    the dress looks lurvely too of course. i have to/want to get busy!

    ReplyDelete