Thursday, June 30, 2011

Girl In a Floppy Hat

Earlier this week folks, I finished a screenprint.  Quite an achievement for moi, I have printed in dribs and drabs since having babies.  But now I have the taste for it.  I hope to crank out a number of prints and have a little exhibition in the near future.   I forgot how exciting it was to lay the colours, upon colours and watch the picture come alive.  Sigh.
I had the fore thought to document the process, all but one colour ( I think).
This print was screenprinted on wallpaper which proved to be quite annoying as it kept wanting to roll up upon itself, it shrunk a little after the first colour and I had to wait days between colours as the ink did not want to dry.  Anyhow, here is most of the colours, layer upon layer, for you viewing pleasure.
white

grey

flesh

pink

green

brown
missed red brown, key image in black.



4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun - and the outcome is great. Did you have to go on a course to learn how to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing. I love that they are printed on wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic - I love the design!

    ReplyDelete